Thursday 17 May 2012


What a beautiful way to start our day!  God greeted us this morning with a clear-blue sky and a beautiful view of the volcano that towers above Antigua.
     We went to eh AOJ School and were welcomed with smiles and hugs from the children.  Before I came to Guatemala I prepared and offered myself to serve the Lord…it was supposed to be me who would bring joy, love and kindness to their hearts…but I was wrong.  I and the whole team have been the ones who have received the love joy and kindness from the children, villages and AOJ staff.
     We led the student devotionals today…there were 2 of them since the children come in two shifts; a morning and afternoon shift.  We sang songs with the children: This is the Day was one that they knew in both English and Spanish so that was a treat to sing them.    The children sang with gusto and passion!  Some of the team members acted out the story of the Good Samaritan as Pastor Mike and I shared the story (with me translating into Spanish!)  The children listened with rapt attention and even answered many of Pastor Mike’s questions correctly.  How well trained they are!
     The first shift of children had prepared a very touching goodbye for us, which of course, caused many a wet eye.  We later received a handmade basket filled with candies!  We were told that they were made with much love!
     We still did a lot of painting and cleaning of the yard in the new land just recently purchased in between devotionals.  The second devotional was the same ads the first and the children loved the acting of the story.  We were then treated to lunch in the AOJ kitchen.  The kitchen is a project designed to help children train in the waiting/cooking industry.  The students who served and cleaned were some with the highest marks in all the school.
     With all the blessings we have received…I wonder whose life is being changed by whom?? When we come on a trip like this, we need to be prepared for God has great plans for us and we will receive much more than we give.
     Thanks Pastor Mike and the team…you are so kind, friendly and loving.  I am so blessed to be a part of this team.  Thanks for letting me help communicate with the people of Guatemala and the AOJ staff.  Thanks to God for all the gifts He has given me.  Thanks also to my Safe Haven family, the people of PIB Satellite campus LV and their prayers.  Also thank you to Silvia for being my prayer partner.  God bless you!!




Esperanza Sztrimbely

No comments:

Post a Comment